Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Commitment
At Temas we are committed to sustainable development, transparency and decarbonization and are always looking at improvement to our operations.
Our goal is to protect the long-term wellbeing and viability of natural environments affected by our operations by:
- utilizing practices that minimize, lessen or remediate environmental
- minimizing harmful emissions to air, water and land (including direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions) as well as wastes and the toxicity of wastes.
Health and Safety
We strive to have injury and fatality-free workplaces, and who aim to improve the well-being of employees, contractors and communities. We achieve this by:
- adopting, encouraging and maintaining a positive safety culture and behaviour;
- providing safety leadership and appropriate training at every level; and,
- instituting safe work systems, occupational and community health/hygiene programs and endeavoring to eliminate/mitigate safety, occupational and community health and hygiene hazards.
We strive to assist in the social and economic development of sustainable communities associated with operations by:
- maintaining an active, transparent and constructive dialogue with the communities and other stakeholders associated with their operations. This dialogue is conducted in a culturally sensitive and appropriate manner, starting as early as practicable and throughout the life of the operation to build and maintain relationships which are founded on active participation and mutual benefit;
- maximizing local content (such as employees, suppliers, contractors) as far as is possible and appropriate; and,
- respecting local customs, cultures and the rights of communities, including indigenous peoples and previously disadvantaged groups.
Our goal is to foster a safe working environment that is based on mutual respect, openness, honesty and fairness. We achieve this by:
- providing equal opportunity throughout the organization and which treat employees and contractors fairly and without prejudice;
- fostering a meritocratic environment with employment and advancement based on merit, whilst respecting local legislation (such as in geographies aiming to benefit historically disadvantaged groups); and,
- not accepting any incidents of discrimination, bullying, harassment or physical assault in the workplace and operate an impartial employee complaints process.